I have a relatively heavy fall recruitment schedule, covering five countries at several events over the next two months. All of these events are run (either exclusively or in partnership) by BMI, whom I consider to be one of the best fair organizers in the international education industry.
The events I am attending are as follows:
- Salão do Estudante: Student fairs take place in several cities in Brazil in September. My schedule includes Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Curitiba, Recife, Salvador, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Expo-Estudiante: Student fairs that take place in several countries in South America in September/October, including Ecuador, Venezuela, and Colombia.
- The Global Agent Workshop: Taking place in Istanbul in October, this two-day workshop is comprised of multiple meetings with international education agencies, a “speed dating” method that helps agents and institutions to begin preliminary discussions to potentially form partnerships.
- The Higher Education Workshop: A two-day venue in October that helps US and Brazilian institutions to meet in an effort to form partnerships, educate each other about programs at each university, and for US schools to raise awareness about their programs that qualify for Science Without Borders, the relatively new Brazilian federal government scholarship program;
- The Higher Education Fair (Salão do Universitario): an education fair that is specific for undergraduate and graduate degree programs to be marketed to Brazilian students in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
All of this makes for a busy fall! This does not even count the travel that my team is doing this fall, going to venues in Argentina, Chile, Germany, Ireland, and Iraq.
We definitely have our work cut out for us during this travel season, but we are so very blessed to be able to do the work that we do!